How best to rip off and con an OAP

And anyone who knew that would realise that "You're still putting 12kW of heat into the room, in a 24 hour period." only needs the comma to make perfect sense.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you supply a part it is different to fitting a part. When you supply a part it has to be suitable and safe.

If you fit a part the entire thing has to be safe afterwards.

Reply to
dennis

Would that be 12kW for one second every 24 hours or 24 kW for 24 hours every

24 hours?
Reply to
dennis

Sounds a fair price, perhaps you should point your vitriol towards other professions who charge even more for a far less useful service.

Reply to
Fredxx

Was it a cordless drill? I have yet to see one that _doesn't_ have a proprietary battery pack.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

So 288kWh, then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Might be a proprietary shaped pack with a proprietary connector but the chances are it will have standard sized cells inside it.

Re-celling such a pack isn't something that a normal user would be expected to do though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So you're saying: if I go to the garage and ask them to fix a new battery, they aren't allowed to do this unless I have a full MOT (equivalent) as well

I think your wrong

tim

Reply to
tim.....

This is not just any storage heater, this is a Russ Andrews Storage Heater...

Reply to
The Other Mike

And power drill batteries too.

Reply to
hugh

In message , Arfa Daily writes

Not as old as the "I'm from the water board and need to check your pressure" one and that still crops up fairly regularly.

Reply to
hugh

In message , tim..... writes

I like the ones from people who claim to have stolen zillions of dollars from some poor African country, but need to deal with someone they can trust

Reply to
hugh

It might have been if they had actually done any work. The clue is in the subject line of this thread - CON

Reply to
hugh

It's more reasonable with power tool batteries as the high current requirement means welding the cell links. A cordless phone could easily get away with spring contacts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He always is.

Reply to
ARW

Zen also offer fixed IP address, and they are a good ISP.

Reply to
Davey

In message , Davey writes

Next thing of course is upload speed, gets complicated this CCTV over the internet! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reply to
Bill

In article , Davey scribeth thus

+1

not quite the cheapest but up there with the best:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

You are the last person on this planet that should be nit picking tiny errors considering the vast errors that you have made and cannot admit.

FFS You have failed geography, physics, common sense and social graces.

Sorry. I forgot, you are not on this planet.

Reply to
ARW

Overcomplicated if you think you need a static IP to do it.

Most of my cameras work on motion detection and email the recordings to a google account. A couple run on timed images and FTP the pictures to a server.

Being IP cameras I can remote monitor them from anywhere using a dyndns host.

Reply to
dennis