How best to join kitchen "decor" panels?

We have a breakfast bar as part of the new kitchen so I'm fitting decor panels to the backs of the cupboards. Because of the length I need to have 3 panels side-by-side but the butt joints look pretty awful because of the white lines. I've taken off the edging but there's still a white line from the remnants of the heat-sensitive adhesive that held the edging on. How can I make these joints look OK?

The only thing I can think of is to route the edges but it'll be difficult to get an absolutely straight edge - are there any H-section trims that look acceptable?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:30:43 +0000 (UTC), Dave scrawled:

Not if you use a straight edge.

Reply to
Lurch

|| The only thing I can think of is to route the edges but it'll be || difficult to get an absolutely straight edge -

Actually very simple. Use a bearing guided trimming cutter like this

a straight edge under the board so the bearing can run along that - Robert is your fathers brother!

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I don't think you can, they will still show up as a black line eventually - can you make them into a feature with a capping-piece of some sort?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Forget the decor panels and use a single piece of "wood". When my dad did something similar back in the dark ages, he used a piece of ply.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

Any suggestions for a decent-looking H or T section moulding?

Dave

Reply to
Dave