Household plumbing insurance cover - any good ?

Normally I would just put it straight in the bin without a second look but today I read it .....

A leaflet from Anglia Water offering household plumbing insurance cover via Homeserve GB Ltd for just =A31.99 / month for this year then =A32.99/ month.

Cover seems OK and as our house is very old, as most of the service connections are, and the internal c/h plumbing/water tanks etc are 40 yrs old at least, the cover seems to offer a certain peace of mind. I won't go into all the details but am I too full of the seasonal goodwill still and feeling generous ? Has anyone taken out this type of cover and have they had to use it and with what success ?

Please feel free to comment. Thanks

Brian

Reply to
johnbrian.lacey

Hi John........Sounds good, Swinton's is =A359 p.a. tho does cover, Plumbing and Drainage, Heating system inc. H.Water supply, Toilet unit and gas and electric failure within the property. Local promotion (Fenland) bought this down to =A329.50...perhaps still going.

snipped-for-privacy@bt> Normally I would just put it straight in the bin without a second look

Reply to
ken70

We get them occasionally from united utilities, ours are priced similarly but are only for underground service pipes, IE the water main from the street to your house...having been in the building game for 25 years and only ever seen (or even heard of) one such incident, they go directly into the bin.

Reply to
Phil L

If you are on a water meter is however worth checking if your household insurance covers you for "loss of water" (mine does) as if you did get a problem and did not notice it for some time your water bill could be astronomical.

Reply to
Broadback

Thanks for the replies. I have checked our standard household insurance and the leaflet is now binned !

Back to usual cynical mode !!!

Cheers

Brian

Reply to