House move: vendor leaves junk behind

Why the TV aerial, all she needed as a bit of wet string IME !....

Most are...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

My son bought a house up north (job move) When he turned up to move in the house was full of people Puzzled and perplexed he asked who they were The previous (German) owners had employed a firm to clean the house from top to bottom. He was most impressed.

Reply to
Mark

Tother way about. I am about to sell me mumshouse and teh garage is like this.

Just get a skip and skip the lot.

Onve contracts are exchanged, unless you want to take someone to court, what you see is what you get.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are, but the cost of getting the 150 skip charge back will probabl rn into hundreds itself.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I am certainly going to happily pay for a skip on the house I am selling.

Why make trouble for 150 quid?

But the bloke may just ignore you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not woryh the paper.

I had one of those and every single light fitting was remvoved and bare wires left behind...and every single curtain rail taken down.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Funny, that. I remember my mother going to help an aunt do just that when they moved out. That was in Aberdeen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Unless memory is playing tricks, exchange of contracts happens up to 4 weeks before completion, when you actually own the property. Between those dates a lot may (or may not) happen - the previous owners cannot be expected to have everything skipped at exchange.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Never mind charging him extra, he'd be lucky to avoid prison time for criminal damage if the mortgage lender decided to get heavy.

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony Frost

When I bought my current house there was all sorts of junk left behind in the loft. My Dad and I had a rumage around and we found an old briefcase which had a whole load of documents and stuff relating to the freemasons. My Dad reckoned it would be worth something and put it in a local auction and got a couple of hundred quid for it. So there can be treasure in that junk.

Andy

Reply to
junk

Get a skip, for a 100 quid, on a house move bill, its a drop in the ocean. The solicitor will charge you this to deal with it.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

"Get a skip, for a 100 quid, on a house move bill, its a drop in the

ocean. The solicitor will charge you this to deal with it."

Couldn't agree more

-- Paul Barker

Reply to
Paul Barker

Find his new address and have it delivered.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

The vendor has left a pile of about 50 bricks in the garage. So, if they want a war...

Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps