House alarm beeping bell box fault?

Lots (for this group) - thanks. And as you say, it works PROVIDED that one snips - without doing that it's even worse than top-posting.

Oh, and as far as the original question goes - when I put an alarm into the previous place, one of the things I did was to run all the per-sensor wiring back to a handy central point (it was an under-eaves cupboard), where I commoned up the sensors that were to go to each zone (and a single seriesing of all the tampers, ugh!), against the day when I might upgrade the alarm panel from a basic 4-zone job (that's only 2 after you've done final exit and entry area, of course!). We moved out before that ever happened, mind.

But what I did for Maintenance was to include a jack socket and a 12V wall-wart which would supply an independent 'hold off' voltage to the wall-mouned bell unit, breaking the trigger input. That let me fiddle with the alarm panel or other wiring without the bell going orf, as well as providing a backup method of making the bell shut the up should the alarm panel ever get deranged. I'm sure it's not NACOSS compliant, but dammit it was *my* alarm system in *my* house (and I wasn't daft enough to get a 5% discount on the house insurance and lose any chance of ever claiming for a breakin had the alarm not been set, so NACOSS guidelines didn't need to be slavishly followed...)

Cheers, Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

BIG NIGE

Im glad to see that you had the foresight not to get an Insurance discount for your Alarm system.

There are sooooo many people that do without reading the small print and the many conditions that come along with it.

The same goes for lock discounts & Neighbourhood Watch Discounts. - If you dont meet every requirement of that particular insurer sorry no payout.

As I am going around servicing our systems I am asking all customers to check their Insurers requirements.

My insurance states (AT MY REQUEST) that I receive NO security discouints.

Reply to
BIG NIGE