hot water problems

this morning my hot water supply mysteriously fell to a dribble from all taps, cold water still flows, the central heating seems to work, the hot water tank gets very hot, but when I switch on the hot tap it runs for about thirty seconds then slows to a dribble, left for about ten minutes the same thing happens again, any answers please

Reply to
nick

something blocking or restricting the outlet from the cold tank in the loft. As this fills the hot tank, if it not flowing then you won't get any hot water out. Been mighty cold of late, any chance that it's starting to freeze up?

Reply to
simon beer

Blocked (ish) cold feed to the cylinder? Jammed ball valve on cold feed tank?

Reply to
Bob Eager