Hoover Softwave Autowasher 1000 - leaking front gasket - I think...

One of those afternoons...

SWMBO decides she wants to go shopping, would I mind looking after the kids, no problem.

Put on load of washing, children playing nicely, go off and hid from kids to do some surfing...

Eldest - 4.5yrs - tells me that youngest - 0.5yrs - has woken up, she knows because she turned on his bedroom light to see if he was awake!

So leaving study, walking past the kitchen door, notice glassy finish to part of the floor. The washing machin has leaked.

So after sorting out the screaming children, after cleaning up the kitchen floor, it seems like the water has leaked from the front gasket somewhere.

So after a long ramble, does anyone know how to remove and check this gasket please?

Regards

SteveB

Reply to
Steve Bilton

You've probably checked this: Be sure that the leak is from the door and not just the soap drawer. On my father-in-law's machine, there was a powder build-up in the drawer which caused it to overflow, making it look like a leaky door when in fact it was much simpler problem. Soaking and cleaning the drawer fixed it.

Ewan

Reply to
Ewan MacIntyre