Hmmm! is that a con by Aldi?

All aldi shops get the same amount of products on the racks. Well if you want an item its a case of queing early. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Why on *earth* would you want to queue to buy something?

Reply to
Andy Hall

You don't go to the Jan sales then MrHall?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

In message , The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote

January sales are somewhat of a con. If the goods haven't been specially acquired for the sales in the first place most high street shops overprice goods before Christmas to reduce them in the new year to make those who are always fooled believe that they are saving money.

If you shop around - mainly on the web - you can get the sale prices, or cheaper, at any time of the year.

Reply to
Alan

Some are bargains some not. I bought 5 pairs of wrangler jeans in Jan at 9.99GBP, normally 24GBP

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Plus-fours started to show off the varicose veins eh?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Good heavens no. These are just for items that the suppliers want to offload. I'd much rather figure out what I want, when I want it and then negotiate the best price. That way, I win all round.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No one haggles anymore. My local tool emporium doesn't even bat an eyelid anymore when I ask for trade or a discount, or for something free to be thrown in ;)

zymurgy

10% + free delivrery is available in most of those places if you ask.
Reply to
dennis