Hmm..OT

Be careful of this a friend recieved a similar 'offer' from the tax man via an email he said he tried to get the tax back quicker and was very annoyed he couldn't rememebr his PIN number after entering his bank account number into the website, I said why do they need your PIN number they already hav e access to put money into your account he said he didn't know. I asked him to forward the email to me and I notoiced by doing the usualy h over over barclays.bank address that it was a SCAM. which I forwared to barclays.

Reply to
whisky-dave

There was no tax form. The tax had been taken at source from her pension payment, HMRC had identified themselves that she'd overpaid and the first we knew of it was a P800 calculation through the post saying she was due a repayment. That's where the going round in circles started, with not a single form to fill in!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

No, this was an official P800 calculation through the post, with the figures for her pension, etc. We tried to register her for an online tax account directly from a .gov.uk site, but couldn't. After much messing about and a number of lengthy phone calls to HMRC, they did send the cheque. Which pleasingly, was credited to the account the same day (Saturday) that it was paid in.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker