HIP hoppaty FLOP

Yer not, you know. I'm quite a bit further north than you this week. It's only just about getting dark at night.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You wouldn't want that. It would be getting drunk and pissing on the floor like happens on the trains coming from up there.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Huge writes

Absolutely agree 100%. I really wouldn't like to buy/sell under the Scottish system at all.

When the buyers offer is accepted, both parties sign some sort of contract with immediately binding penalties for pulling out, e.g. 5-10% of sale price. There could still be some negotiation room in the event the survey turns up something really nasty.

And back to HIPS. Why bother with pointless energy survey "experts"? Simple have a requirement to declare recent energy usage in the sale documents, i.e. last 12 month used X units of electric, Y units of gas/litres of oil, with a usage pattern of "toasty 24/7", "occupied everyday/heated all day", "occupied/heated eves & W/E", "we all sat round a candle in woolly jumpers". Its then up to the buyer to extrapolate to their expected pattern, if they care about running costs at all.

Reply to
Steven Briggs