Hinges for 15mm/18mm cupboards?

I've just bought a new kitchen cupboard carcass. Unlike the old units, which were 15mm carcasses, this one is 18mm. I was surprised that the hinges seemed exactly the same. Is this normal?

The door will be top-hung (and is not drilled for the hinges yet). My problem is that I would like to hang the door to project about 8mm over the top (the carcass is 10mm too short). However, I think that this will cause the door to foul the unit.

Am I right, and is there a solution?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth