High level lifting

This why they can't change a lightbulb in our local library, standing on a chair being contrary to sub section something or another

Reply to
stuart noble

The suppliers have looked into this and provide a risk assessment. H&SE are happy that up to 4 metres is suitable for two men on stepladders.

problematic and the cost of hire would be out of proportion.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Look at the bracing on the ladders, two each side of each ladder outwards, and to the base of the ladder. What I can't see in any of the photos(*) on the web is a tie between the two outriggers at ground level where the tie s to the ladder base connects. I can't believe they don't have that, as it is such and obvious tie to have for rigidity.

If that low rear tie does exit the thing looks (almost) freestanding to me, without the wall it would be *very* liable to tip with the platform upper most. But it won't slide down the wall.

But for the money they want Dave could get a proper ali scaffold platform that would be far better IMHO.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Axminster has a Drywall Panel Lifter (2 might be required for a long awning) that can handle 16'-long sheets of plasterboard and lift up to 11' high.

PeterC

it. I'll pop into Axminster Sittingbourne & take a look. Possibly build something based on that design.

Thanks again.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They must put an enormous strain on the walls they are fixed to. I wonder howm amny are just left open until the wind blows them away and shocks the house.

I'd hate to own a semi attached to all that.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

But you still want the advice?

Here's some:

People from the UK will be able to read your missals a long time hence.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

manageable

variation of

Wake up Dave, I suggested that about ten posting ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Sorry, I thought you were referring to those 'deadman' thingys.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Does plasterboard come in 16 foot long sheets?

Reply to
pcb1962

Well, I did wonder: apart from the weight, the chance of spontaneous snappage seems rather high. If it's not a typo it just implies good capacity for size and weight. Not sure that 2 men could lift a 16' sheet - it'd be heavy and also handling it by the ends only...!

Reply to
PeterC

British Gypsum and Lafarge both seem to stop at 12'x4'

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've seen american videos of drywalling with very long sheets.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

They make it as a continuous strip then cut to length, so I suppose that you could have it as long as you dare!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

They'll be able to read yours, too.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It's doubtful if he's got one (or more). Maybe you mean 'missives' or even 'posts'?

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Oh, I dunno. Missals works well too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is breviary the shortest form of twit?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hey Dave, its your pet stalker....!

You seem to be one of these tiresome oiks that complain when they think someone does might not be doing something by the book, and in the very next breath complains that they are asking how to do something by the book. Do you have a point?

Reply to
John Rumm

The description says it can lift 4x16' sheets - I would guess that puts its lift capacity at about 30kg. Might not be enough for what you want.

Reply to
John Rumm