Help with boiler and pump problem !!!

got woke up this morning by wife saying no heating and found my worcester bosch greenstar 18 with a flashing light on the front. I reset the fault but as the boiler starts back up again you can hear lots of water gurgling sound from inside the boiler that never heard before.

checks ive done so far There is water in system and header tank Removed pump and it seems ok, connected up externally and it spins when powered up.

Bled air from inside boiler and all rads. My only guess is the pump even though its spinning as the system just sounds like the water flowing inside the boiler is inconsistant ,

any tips greatly appreciated as its cold here . im on a traditional Y plan system , non presurised system.

Reply to
dbroms

Your condensate drain pipe is blocked (frozen). The gurgling is a result of the condensate having backed up inside the burner.

Go outside and pour hot water on any section of the condensate pipe that could be holding water - horizontal bits or indeed any uphill sections which some installers seem to think is acceptable to include!

With the pipe defrosted, reset the boiler - its syphon should empty allowing the boiler to operate again.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton