Help, please

I don't think I'm receiving any mail. I get ng posts.

Has anyone any ideas?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Send an email to snipped-for-privacy@outerspace.nothing-here.co.tw or something equally obscure, see if (after a few tens of minutes) your mail server bounces it back as being undeliverable - tests your immediate coupling to your mail server.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:42871303$0$28629 $ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

I got an error when I tried to reply to your email from my newsreader; I've just posted from my mail prog - no error.... yet

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Could something have interfered with my settings? I've no idea what they shold be or shere to find them or what to do ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Now, just why would anyone want to interfere with *your* settings? :-)

Seriously, I sent you an e-mail about 15 minutes ago. Nothing has bounced. Your ISP is not showing any problems so, if you do not see it, you could try IMAIL to check your incoming messages. If you see the e-mail on the web but are still not downloading it in your usual way, try speaking to your ISP as some of the settings (e.g. addresses) will be specific to them.

Reply to
Howard Neil

I'm the same with Pipex. Their site says nothing to report, but 123-reg says they're updating the servers this weekend.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks, Howard. It hasn't arrived. All sorts of helpful folk are trying with no result.

I don't know what IMAIL is.

The zetnet ng people are also helping, it seems that there could be a problem at base, which is comforting because it will be dealt with :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you want to test your POP3 mail connection in a way that eliminates any settings in your software, you could follow the first part of the procedure described here:

you can skip over the "dele 1" command!)

Reply to
John Rumm

IMAIL is what Zetnet call Web-mail. You can access your mail through the web. Have a look at:-

isps that I use all provide this service as standard. It looks as if you have to set it up with Zetnet first, though.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

All fixed now - good old Zetnet!

Apparently the anti-virus product had got itself stuck.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was a suggestion to try and help you diagnose your mail problem, if you don't want to try and help yourself then why should we bother?

Why exactly don't you want to go to Zetnet's Web-mail page?

Reply to
usenet

I don't think Howard would have taken exception to my comment, we have an understanding :-)

In the event it wouldn't have helped because it was a temporary fault in Zetnet's system. It was resolved quickly (they always resolve problems quickly). My original concern was that it might be a fault with my system, even if I'd wanted to take up Howie's suggestion it wouldn't have been possible because of the current fault so it wouldn't have helped in the diagnosis of the problem.

I don't like receiving/sending mail by that method. Idon't like football or vodka either, it's a personal thing, we're all different :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I didn't take exception to the comment. It takes a lot more than that to upset me.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Neither do I, I hate webmail, but I'd quite happily go to a webmail page if it helped diagnose a problem.

I realised the problem had been solved, I did read to the end of the thread as it was then. It's just that your response came across as a bit short and I was wondering why.

Reply to
usenet

I was concerned, I assumed it was a problem with my pc therefore my fault and Ihate being found out as imperfect :-)

As for Howard, I've tried for years to irritate him but I fail there too :-))) He has the same effect on me ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

*Two* confessions on one day. Are you feeling unwell? :-)
Reply to
Howard Neil

No - just elated :-))))))))))))))))

And I always say when I'm wrong. It's just quite rare ... you'll be able to relate to that ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Close. In my case, it is not rare; it is never. :-))

One saying I like:- "I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect" :-)

Reply to
Howard Neil

I thought you'd invented it.

Ah... wrong again!