Help - Pebble dashed house, needs repainting

But the only trouble is. Is that some of the original cement/sand base is getting a bit dusty and powdery and the old paint is flaking off (in places that are exposed to the winters ? rain. It has not lost its grip of the wall thou.

Is there anything I can treat the cement/sand with, say a PVA solution. And then paint on top.

Can I spray the large expanses of the walls using exterior emulsion via a Cuprinal Sprayer (high pressure fence sprayer) ??? Anybody have any experience of doing this.

Reply to
the pilot

You want 'Stabilising Solution', it's made specifically for this. Like a diluted varnish (easily sprayed), it sinks into the friable surface and binds it all together. Watch for overspray though, and keep your hair & skin covered - it gets everywhere and it's horrible sticky.

Reply to
Steve Walker

You can hire sprays guns with a hopper specifically for applying exterior masonry paint. If you have a large area to do it is worth while, otherwise the time taken masking the windows and half the road..

-
Reply to
Mark