HELP new toilet waste pipe questions

Help,

I have a small bathroom on the first floor (towards the front of the house) which does not have a toilet unit installed. I want to install a toilet unit on this bathroom now, however, I am not sure what I should fo about the waste pipe. I can make the waste pipe run towars the back of the room and through the wall. The only problem i see is that there isn't a waste pipe on the outside that is near and that i can connect my new waste pipe to.

There is a toilet downstairs on the same side of the house, some 8 meters away and i think the waste pipe for this toilet is underground.

What would be the recommended way of getting the waste pipe working from this room and are ther any building regulations I should be aware of or do I need to get any type of permission to do this?

Thanks

Reply to
poweraand

You want a waste pipe on the front of the house? Best have a 4" waste pipe run in a duct "inside" the house. Then it will not freeze up.

Where is the bath waste running to? What size pipe? A toilet needs to be

110mm (4").
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Must be a lot of frozen wastes in the UK then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, the waste pipe will be to the back of the house. the room is in such position that it has access to both the front and back of the house. Therefore I would take the soil pipe to the back of the hosue.

The waste pipe from the bath is on the outside. When i get home i will check the size but i think that it is not that large. I will check and write back.

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Thanks

Reply to
poweraand

A word of warning. Dr Drivel is a troll, moron and generally nothing more than a source of news in this newsgroup. It's best to ignore him.

It would be reckless to take his "advice" since he has no experience of anything that he writes about and he will inevitably advise you to do something which is unnecessary or simply plain dangerous.

Reply to
Steve Firth

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 09:41:45 -0000 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote this:-

You need to decide whether you want a connection above or below ground. You also need to discover where the pipes run underground.

You didn't say whether there is a side to the house which the pipe could run along. Certainly the front is best avoided if possible, for aesthetic reasons.

New connections to sewers should only be made after consulting the council's building control department.

Reply to
David Hansen

would i need planning permission or building approval to install the toilet unit and to run the soil pipe outside?

Reply to
poweraand

Please eff off you a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off you are another internet idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I come here to get some help. I am always learning. I know how to do some things, others i don't know. However I realise that other people may know what i don't and may be willing to help me.

Therefore I do not understand why that would make me an idiot. If I asked a very obvious question which you think is stupid then let me just say that i asked it because i do not know the answer for it.

However, since i do not know the answer my question still stands. I hope that there are people in this newsgroup that will be willing to help answer my question without judging my lack of knowledge in some areas.

Reply to
poweraand

Q17. Do I need Building Regulation Approval to install fittings and appliances or carry out drainage work?

  • All drainage work in connection with a building requires an application (including the installation of a sink or toilet)
Reply to
Steve Firth

Forget about Drivel, he delights in givign suspect advice then insulting anyone who questions him or who points out that his 'advice' is incorrect or worthless.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You were not called an idiot. Steve Firth was called an idiot ,by an idiot (school holidays again?). Look closely at the top of the email you replied to and you will see the reply was not to you.

No one on this group has called you an idiot.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I was not referring to you. I was addressing the idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sending letters to yourself eh, Drivel?

Reply to
Steve Firth

ok. My mistake.

I saw two messages and a reference to "another idiot" and i assumed it was meant for me.

Anyway, it looks like building consent may be needed for the new toilet. I will contact the local council

Thanks

Reply to
s.petsch1

The idiot has emerged again.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

And it has been so tedious since you emerged.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You are still an idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Of course I am, that's why my qualifications are real and yours are imaginary.

Reply to
Steve Firth