Slightly OT. Advice regarding tiller/rotavator hire and choice

Approx a year ago I removed a fair sized pine tree (about roof height) from the front garden.

Is it worth rotavating the remaining soil in the hope of reclaiming the area as a flower bed? The 'soil' is chalk with a layer of clay above. It's fairly disturbed where I extracted the tree roots but solid around the undistured areas.

I have at least one full compost bin whose contents I could incorporate into the bed.

The DIY slant is the use of a powered labour saving tool as a preference to back breaking digging.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Rotovators are VERY phyiiscal, but they do do the job of breaking up compacted soil and distrbuting organic and other materails well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher