Help, I think I've messed up my central heating

2 weeks ago I put some cleaning stuff in my radiators. Today I draine

and refilled the system and now 2 of my rads don't work. I have Potterton Combi 80 boiler running 5 rads.

Also just another thing - I know that the rules are changing so tha all new boilers fitted from next year will have to be condensing, but have also heard that the manufacturers will be putting up the prices o spare parts for the old ' normal' boilers. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for any help

Georgi

-- Georgiegirl

Reply to
Georgiegirl

Are they close to each other (adjacent in the piping?) Sounds like it could be an airlock to me?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Most likely you have an airlock. You can usually (but not always) clear it by shutting off all rads but one (of the two cold ones), thereby forcing water throught that one. Then repeat for the other cold rad.

Dunno. Do you buy a lot of boiler spares?

Reply to
Grunff

And temporarily (if it's obvious how) turning up the pump speed. But reset it afterwards!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Many thanks to everyone. I did have an airlock and I have got rid of i

now.

I was only asking about the prices of spare parts because my Potterto Combi 80 is now 5 years old - doesn't seem very reliable and I hav been told that I will need a new pump soon. I was told that the pric of these pumps would be increasing after April so I should either ge one before then or.. the guy also said that the price of condensing boilers would be goin up in April and so I should maybe think about replacing the boiler no while the prices are lower.

Any thoughts???

Georgi

-- Georgiegirl

Reply to
Georgiegirl

Sounds like pressure sales tactics.... supprised he did not offer to phone his boss to see if he could negotiate you a special discount ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Did he offer you a free extended warranty if, and only if, you sign up today?

According to him, all prices are about to take a big jump in April - why is that?

Reply to
Grunff

I'd say if there is a jump it will be short lived as all the boiler manufacturers will be shifting up a gear in condensing production volumes and be competing like mad for a share of this new market volume. Now just before the end of March the market will be awash with non condensing boilers as manufacturers and stockist rush to unload stocks. It will probably be worth buying a couple simply for spares

Reply to
John