Help ..Combi wont heat tap water ?

Hello

I turned water supply off today while fitting my new bathroom , now m combi boiler wont heat up water when i turn on taps - the heating o rads is working though Anyone tell me what ive done wrong quick because im stinking like pigs dirtbox and need a bath rapid

-- coolblue

Reply to
coolblue

I take it you have turned the water back on again ?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

OK I'll be a little kinder than I was earlier. Assuming you turned the water and electric back on ad relit the pilot if necessary.

Possibilites:

1) The water flow rate was marginal before you started work it's now marginally on the wrong side of getting the boiler to fire. 2) Debris has found its way into the boiler inlet strainer restricting DHW flow leading to (1). 3) Coincidental failure (yeah right). 4) The water is taking a longer route than before leading to (1). 5) You also released some/all of the pressure in the heating circuit when you did the work and now the boiler won't fire. 6) You re-pressurised but did not get the air out.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett