HELP-Best Laminate Floor

Can any of the subscribers recommend a good hard wearing laminate flooring please. Is there any brands or methods of making it less clip

- cloppy ?????

Many Thanks.

Rick.

Reply to
Shudderdun

I used this stuff,,

works well for me and it is better than a lot of the cheap stuff you see in the sheds which doesnt wear well and has dodgy joints!

Make free phone calls

!

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

We've got Quick Step upstairs which looks great, and Velocity downstairs which looks considerably less than great - could be due in part to the cowboy fitters.

For a decent result both in terms of look and noise, you need to pay a lot of attention to getting the subfloor quiet and level (eg no creaking/loose floorboards, no hollows) then I would recommend fitting the thicker denser type underlay.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

Many Thanks for your help.

Rick.

Reply to
Shudderdun

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

Hard wearing I don't know, but less clip-cloppy, have a look at

isn't laminate, it's solid real wood flooring. I think their minimum thickness boards are 14mm. Not cheap though.

Looks and feels a beauty. Some ridiculous guarantee period. I would guess you can sand/laquer a zillion times if needed.

We have a fair few metres of it here, laid a couple of years ago. Still looks and feels like a quality floor.

Reply to
somebody

Use solid or engineered wood, not laminate.

Mine isn't bouncy or echo'ey.

Rgds

Paul..

Reply to