Heavy duty plastic conduit

I'm trying to find the manufacturer of 'heavy duty' round plastic conduit- ideally about 20 mm in diameter.

As far as I can tell, there is no real standard for this stuff- other that the outside diameter- and I've seen stuff with very thin walls, some thickish, but only one really thick type. This makes the stuff quite rigid- which is what I need for this application. It is 'pure white' like the more common stuff and the walls must be almost 3mm thick.

I know the stuff exists (I had a bit in my hand the other day but foolishly didn't follow it up at the time).

Applicaiton is DIY but not 'normal' electrics- the normal stuff from the DIY sheds and even the local electrical factor isn't rigid enough.

Anyone know the product?

Reply to
Brian Reay

Ever thought about using white plastic plumbing pipe? It's cheaper than conduit, and it seems to match the sizes quite generally.

Reply to
BigWallop

Electrical conduit is available in light and heavy duty types (in the case of both steel and PVC conduit). A good electrical wholesaler should be able to source you heavy duty conduit.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Too 'floppy', even worse than the conduit I've seen.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Egatube high impact conduit heavy gauge, which is available in wall thicknesses up to 2.5mm, although you may need to order a 30m carton if your local MK Electrical stockist doesn't have that wall thickness in stock.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Needs to be plastic and, while the locals do stock some heavy duty, none seems to be as heavy as the sample I saw.

A manufacturers name would help.

Reply to
Brian Reay

"nightjar .uk.com>"

Thanks, now I have a name I can have a better look around.

Reply to
Brian Reay

BS 4607 (has several parts) is the relevant standard, covering both light and heavy gauge non-metallic conduits. Mind you a quick look on the BS online web site shows this as flagged for obsolescence - to be replaced by a harmonised BS EN, presumably.

As to manufacturers, Egatube (MK), Mita and Marshall Tufflex are the names that come to mind.

Reply to
Andy Wade