Heatrae Sadia Megaflo - not working, heeelllp!

Got one of the above, probably about 5-10 years old, it has an on-peak and off-peak supply (I'm all electric, and I don't mean I'm excited), the off-peak supply stopped working a little while ago and thinking that it was the thermostat I changed it, that didn't work so I thought right, it must be the element, changed that yesterday afternoon (of course this turned up with another thermostat!), switched the on-peak back on, got up this morning looking forward to my cheap hot shower - no hot water! Checked the power supply to the theremostat and that's working fine but when I rotate the thermostatic temperature control it doesn't make that clicky noise anymore. Please, what is wrong, the on-peak works fine but on the off-peak I've changed the thermostat and the element, I can't see what else could be wrong, there's nothing more after these items in the loop except the water - I haven't got faulty water do you think? I'm joking of course. Somebody please help. Cheers

Reply to
69xians

Is it possible that the second thermostat in the immersion heater has tripped out and requires resetting?

If you have a clip on ammeter you can check the current flow at the meter tails.

From your description you don't actually mention switching the off-peak back on but I think from the context that's what you did.

Is the off-peak supply working?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Many thanks for your thoughts, yes, I did switch the off-peak supply back on and I have checked that there is power getting to the thermostat on this supply and that's all ok, I'm at an absolute loss as to what it could be. I'm ast the stage where I have exhausted my technical knowledge and will have to call in an heating engineer.

Ed Sirett wrote:

69xians