Heating oil tank valve - what type is this?

Trying to find out what type of valve I have on my heating oil tank, here's a grotty pic of it:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/Dalek99999/valve.jpg
Any ideas please?
Also, as an aside, where the large hexagonal 'nut' (at the very rear of the pic) goes into the tank itself - this had some moderate sized rusty flakes on it which I've now removed. What can I do to prevent this rusting any further? Spray it with WD40 perhaps ???
Or is a bit of rusting to be expected?
I want to avoid any possible leaks from that area in the future!
Thanks
On 11 May, 12:16, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jamma-plusser) wrote:

hammerite?
JimK
On 11 May, 12:16, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jamma-plusser) wrote:

Tankmaster thingummyjig. See http://www.bes.co.uk and search for tankmaster.
On Tue, 11 May 2010 11:16:50 GMT, jamma-plusser wrote:

WD40 will be short term solution but best to clean it up and paint it with something that will take the weather. Hammerite or a zinc loaded paint.

Uprotected it will rust, in time it will rust away. If it starts to leak the clean up bill from the EA will make you eyes water and be a lot more than a spot of paint...
--
Cheers
Dave.

On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:10:25 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
Thanks.
Have removed the worst of the rust and slapped a very large amount of grease on it. That'll stop the water getting to it. :-)

That depends on whether you are daft enough to involve the EA of course! Kerosine evaporates with patience