Heated Bathroom Mirrors

Has anyone had any experience of using and or fitting the above demisting heaters, and where would be the best place to purchase. Would they have to be low voltage or if they are sealed behind a mirror above the sink in the bathroom would they be acceptable to be run at mains voltage? Regards Tom

Reply to
Tom

Yep - I fitted these into two bathroom remodels earlier this year. Not so much of a difference in summer, when the room is warmer (and hence the glass doesn't mist up much), but very good on cold winter mornings.

Mine are mains powered. I ran a cable from my lighting down to behind the mirror, and cabled it there. That way, the mirror heater is on when the lights are on, and it takes maybe 20 seconds or so to start demisting. Basically, if I go into the bathroom, turn the shower on, then by the time the room starts to fill with steam (okay, water vapour), then the mirror wil be clear.

Not sure where I got them from - online, somewhere - but if you can't find them, post again.

Regards Paul

Reply to
Paul Boakes

A waste of time. Smearing the mirror with washing up liquid gives the same results.

Reply to
IMM

for more details

Reply to