Health & Safety gone too far...?

Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working tools" Along with said tools is an instruction sheet; slightly odd since if you are buying them you really should know what you are doing. Amongst the info therein is such advice as 'keep dry' , 'keep separate from other tools which could damage the insulation' both fairly obvious. The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR ENERGISED EQUIPMENT' Anyway they look nice in the tool case <g>

Grumpy owd man wrote:

There was a piece in the press about similar daft instruction sheets the other week... one which springs to mind was a birthday card for a two-year-old emblazoned with a big furry "2", and on the back in small print the immortal words "not suitable for children under 3"
David

I read that as 'immoral'.
I really MUST go to bed ...
Mary

Surely a case of being returned as not fit for the purpose...
--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****

Mmmmm, never thought of that. Still they've got to be better than a socket set and a pair of marigolds!!! I may even contact the supplier and ask what I can use them on! A bit over the top for working on the car though ;)

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:32:19 +0000 (UTC), "Grumpy owd man"
The New Scientist has a whole page of these every week. Next to the last page. -- Dave Fawthrop <dave hyphenologist co uk> 17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net For Yorkshire Dialect go to www.hyphenologist.co.uk/songs/