Health & Safety gone too far...?

Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working tools" Along with said tools is an instruction sheet; slightly odd since if you are buying them you really should know what you are doing. Amongst the info therein is such advice as 'keep dry' , 'keep separate from other tools which could damage the insulation' both fairly obvious. The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR ENERGISED EQUIPMENT' Anyway they look nice in the tool case

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

There was a piece in the press about similar daft instruction sheets the other week... one which springs to mind was a birthday card for a two-year-old emblazoned with a big furry "2", and on the back in small print the immortal words "not suitable for children under 3"

David

Reply to
Lobster

I read that as 'immoral'.

I really MUST go to bed ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Surely a case of being returned as not fit for the purpose...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Mmmmm, never thought of that. Still they've got to be better than a socket set and a pair of marigolds!!! I may even contact the supplier and ask what I can use them on! A bit over the top for working on the car though ;)

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

|Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working |tools" Along with said tools is an instruction sheet; slightly odd |since if you are buying them you really should know what you are doing. |Amongst the info therein is such advice as 'keep dry' , 'keep separate |from other tools which could damage the insulation' both fairly |obvious. The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR |ENERGISED EQUIPMENT' |Anyway they look nice in the tool case

The New Scientist has a whole page of these every week. =20 Next to the last page.=20

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop