Health and safety. A tip from the wise (er)

- A server found walled up at a university that nobody had noticed missing (because it was working perfectly) for several years. Obviously not running Windows!

Other Urban Legendish stories abound, including a Navy engineer examining battleship plans and noticing a space with no access panels. He eventually cut through the walls with a torch and found a fully equipped machine shop - untouched since the thing was built 20 years before and a cockup in the plans removed the doors..

Reply to
PC Paul

OldBill wrote in news:db14h7$2l7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freedomsurf.net:

*This* guy nearly burned his foot off at the ankle ;-((

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Was it deliberate? There's some I'd like to, together with their owners.

Reply to
<me9

Or on a road.

Drivers on one road in the US couldn't understand why there should be a large hump on their newly resurfaced road. Until the highways dept. investigated and found that the resurfacing gang hadn't spotted a newly dead moose...

No it was a wooden stool, kind of thing you'd use at a breakfast bar. There was a picture in the CAA report that covered these cases.

Reply to
OldBill

There's a railway line in China that is dead straight, except for an inexplicable curved detour half way between two cities. This is because when the big cheese was asked for the route for the new line, he took out a ruler and drew a straight line, except for the bump where his finger protruded from the straight edge.

I presume this one must be an urban legend, unless someone knows otherwise...

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

came across a gas pressure gauge still connected to the meter via the rubber tube. It had been there since the house was converted to natural gas - 10 years before. The water was still there in the gauge as well, and had not evaporated.

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I am surprised that they let you into the house again. It must have been nice to get your gauge back; hadn't you missed it?

Reply to
Aidan

Hibernian Person, I actually threw it away, as it was coated in light rust, well the case was. Did you want it?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel