Head up - VAX hoover bags

I have an old style VAX multifunction hoover (looks like the 6131 but is older) - the most common Vax design.

B&Q have just discontinued the maintenance kits (5 paper bags, cone filter and 2 motor filters).

Screwfix haven't had any in either T Wells or the internet depot for ages.

Just ordered 5 boxes direct from Vax - but I'm wondering if something's going down...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

So which is it - Vax or Hoover ?

Reply to
Phil

I don't know but they are different brands owned by the same company.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel coughed up some electrons that declared:

I said "hoover" not "Hoover". Anyway, Vax's website seems alive so I don't think they've done an LDV. But I wonder why one of the most common formats of bags for a wet n dry has started to disappear...

Reply to
Tim S

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim S saying something like:

The normal cycle, less demand for spares as many of them get turfed out.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

These people any help?

The Medway Handyman