Head Lamp recommendations

How much did you say they were :) ?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Yes, my BiL recommended them to me - and no regrets. Must be 10 years old now.

Swiss Army Knife maybe. Bahco and Wera tools. Sorts of things that might cost many times more than a Lidl equivalent but last forever, work, and are a pleasure to use. Even I can monetise that :-)

Reply to
RJH

Get a good one and it will last forever.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright
<snip>

Ours are probably 20+.

Maybe. I don't know it they do multitools as I'd say I use the pliers as much as I use anything else. On the PST II the pliers are subtle, both strong enough to undo a nut in an emergency but fine enough to pull a splinter etc.

It's one of those things I've pushed way beyond what I think is safe or reasonable (needs-must / emergencies etc) and it's held. I have often need a crosshead screwdriver for example and none of my dedicated tools seem to fit but the Leatherman one does, from surprisingly small to ridiculously big.

I don't think I have either but have heard the name mentioned a few times (favourably).

That's often why I ask here ... because it's easy (these days) to get

*something* that works but some personal experience often gives you that real world feedback on something that works well and reliably and that is invaluable.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

My Maglites are quite old, but I fitted an aftermarket LED kit to all of them - mainly for when I drop them!

Yup. I have about six, in various places. Also two small ones on my two keyrings (I never leave the house without at least one of them). And a couple of Swisscards!

Absolutely. My son got me a Machine Mart voucher for my birthday and I just bought another Wera screwdriver set. And I use the Bahco sockets all the time.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've done the same, both for their added robustness plus increased battery life. I'm not sure the beam pattern is as good as with the original incandescent but it would probably be better with 'their LED upgrade kit (I did uses their kit on my Maglite Mini, along with a pushbutton on/off end cap).

Dad, (ex Merchant navy) had a saying that 'A sailor without a knife was like a ...' well, you could probably make your own version up ... ;-)

Daughter needs a 'decent set of screwdrivers for her 'life (flat / car / furniture ...)' so I'll check them out.

I still have a couple of Kamasa socket sets (1/4 and 1/2" SqDr) from when I was a lad and most of it is still there and working. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

But I won't and my grandkids won't want them.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Disposable batteries, it's worth having a well engineered lamp with good straps and switches. Even in the winter I only get through a small number of AAs and AAAs a month (and I use head torches almost every day sorting out the equines in the evening).

Reply to
newshound
<snip>

<snip>

Is that phrase anything to do with money rather than being able to make a formal / commercial / political decision or not?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No but they could sell it, then drink to you with the proceeds.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

How about this hat clip lamp-

Gopalan Sampath

I buy WERA bits for 1/4" hex drives, they are really good quality, and industrial diamond encrusted to stop slip.

Reply to
rick

Is the 50p shop still going ?

Reply to
rick

A quick thanks. This thread prompted me to look-around and, after some research, to buy a H7R.2. The Ledlenser website is very pretty but also makes it very tedious to find info and compare products; I was slightly concerned that the H7R.2 might not be usable with regular batteries if charging was difficult (hiking, for example) but, having bought one, I find that it is. An excellent device and much better than my older (relative) cheapies. Thanks again. (BTW, Zoro had the best price by far)

Reply to
nothanks

Murmansk