HD signal strenght from CP

it's a lot more on topic than Brexit

Reply to
charles

Yes anecdotal evidence around where I am says there been issues in the Tolworth area due to bounce from the tower there on some channels. You do not need much. In the old days you just got ghosting but now its kind of hard to know if there is multipath, but on the other hand the polar diagram of logs is probably much better and this tends to be less of an issue. Since I still do not use hd here for obvious reasons could not say whether this is a general CP issue or as has been said multipath.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , charles writes

It's INFINITELY more on topic than Brexit.

Reply to
Old Timer

I was under the impression that the spectrum clearance included the 700+ MHz bands which encompasses transmitter channels 55 and 56.

Reply to
alan_m

That's right, but after moving, the COM7/COM8 muxes do/will sit where there is expected to be a duplex gap in phone bands, arquiva say it can work ... but maybe whoever buys the spectrum will have other designs on it, then COM7/COM8 will die.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Then why set follow ups to a group I don't read?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite. And last time I looked, uk tech digital tv had just as many OT posts as here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Because those who post in the alternative group will show here too.

Do wake up.

Reply to
Fredxx

Introducing a discussion from one NG to another NG should only be done if there is a genuine reason for doing it, and if it will also be on-topic in the second NG. But as you know, there are several dimwits who, as a form of spamming, delight in crossposting to the most inappropriate NGs they can find. Once a NG's signal-to-noise ratio rises above a certain level, genuine users stop using it. It dies - and the spammer moves on.

Reply to
Old Timer
[snip]

I am a considerable distance from Blackhill (west side of Glasgow) and get these new multiplexes okay with a Group B aerial.

Reply to
Scott

Not with this email prog. Follow ups to that post go to the new group only. If they went to both, it would be a simple cross-post.

Try replying to it and check the headers before sending. If yours just cross posts, find a better email client.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Somebody cannot spell d-i-y

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In this case the post is relevant to both groups.

I agree with your sentiments.

Reply to
Fredxx

That's the standard procedure with Usenet.

Reply to
Max Demian

Quite. So why should I be made to subscribe to another group to view any posts which were a reply to the 'follows up' one? Might be understandable if an OT thread. But then there are thousands of those on here that don't get redirected to a suitable group.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No but professional advice is.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In article , Ian Jackson scribeth thus

Hear blinkin hear:!!....

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

RF Dave is not and has never been a Black Art!

It is a very poorly understood subject thats all!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In

She had the "Penge pub effect" in VHF days too IIRC?..

Google it BBC Eng Info PDF on that!.

I suspect that the TX may not be radiating as it ought we assume its a decent ommni pattern but may not be. It may well be a few panels and theres a bit of a gap in the radiated pattern don't know the ERP off hand but seems likely.

It may well be that Dave's aerial cable may have a bit of water in it if air spaced that can affect the higher frequencies badly but i more suspect a transmitter issue!...

Reply to
tony sayer

but, with the naked eye, you can't see what is happening - so a "black art". of course if you have the right test gear ,,,,,,

Reply to
charles