Hard Disk crash - rebuild with vista?

That *really* doesn't bear thinking about.

Reply to
andyrdhall

The ejector seat would have a black and yellow handle. Just thought I would let you know :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Oh, dangtarnit. What does the red handle do?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

rtsp://rmlive.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive/ev7/live24/radio3/live/r3_dsat_g2.ra.

Odd. But FWIW I found that [g]mplayer works for about 2 minutes and then crashes, so it's back to realplayer again :-(

Can't see any :-(

Reply to
John Stumbles

You have got me there :-)

It's been getting on for 8 years since I worked in the aerospace industry. International orange was used for the inside of external door handles to alert ground crew / tower that there was a catch undone, or a door open.. I can't remember anything that was red.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

'Scuse the late followup, but there's a commercial version of WINE called Crossover, which runs M$ Office and Internet Exploder perfectly (I'm assured by others who need such things).

the free trial, if it works for you then pay the modest price and spend the rest of the money you would have spent on another Wodniws licence on beer/gadgets/powertools etc. Usual disclaimer.

ObDIY: Now .. about this staircase of mine ...

Nick (*waves* at people here he hasn't met for years !)

Reply to
Nick Leverton

If it uses WINE which is GPL then doesn't that mean cross-over must also be GPL. Ask them for the source and compile it for free. If its GPL they have to make the source freely available.

Reply to
dennis

I really really don't want to start a GPL licensing thread :-) but if you check WINE's licence at

you'll see that it uses the LGPL, which allows it to be linked into a larger product without the larger product being GPL'd itself.

And as you can see here:

are still contributing a vast number of fixes back into the Open Source version of WINE.

ObDIY: I've no axe to grind ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton