Handling a stack pipe

My plastic stack pipe is in the inside corner of my house. The base is set in the foundations and the top in a terminal in the roof tiles.

I want to do some fairly cheap and simple work involving installing a new toilet connector for it. The problem is that to close the pipe I have to lift it the couple of inches to drop it into the collar on the connector.

As I can't go on the roof to fight with the terminal, this means that I have to employ somebody to do the 5 minutes work freeing and then reseating the terminal on the roof. This will cost and as it's a corner, could involve scaffolding!

Has anyone seen or could direct me to a collar that either slip fits or wraps around and is tightened up?

Thanks

Reply to
EricP

Not got one in front of me.....but straight connecters have two rectangler "stops" in the inside of the pipe that can be knocked off to make a slip connecter.Branchs are most likely the same.Treat yourself to a can of silicone spray makes fitting so much easier

Reply to
edalechurchcottage

Cheers. You might have saved me a bit of cash.

Off to look at this bit tomorrow. :))

Reply to
EricP

Thinking about it, just get a straight connector,(=A33ish)and a branch with sockets at each end.The bit of pipe you cut out for the branch can then be used to connected from the branch to the existing soil pipe with the slip coupling.It would be really awkward (if posssible) to slide a bracnh to form a coupling.

Reply to
edalerichard