handle less kitchen

Hi, saw ages ago (somewhere ?) a fitted kitchen without any handles, but it had fittings on the doors / drawers so you pushed them in and the popped out so you could open them.

If I didnt dream this, can you buy such fittings ? are they any good ?

cheers Simon

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

Easily obtained. I think I saw some in B&Q. Even if not, you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding some.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

thanks, do you know what they are called Googling "things what open doors but are not handles" brings back as many results as you imagine .

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

Try...cabinet push locks?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

thanks

saw these

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&howMany=15&searchText=cabinet+push+locks&x=12&y=10are these the same , dont look like they would "bounce out" if you pushed them (however i might be wrong )

thanks for the quick replies BTW !

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

btw also saw these

"For use on loft hatches." they look about the right size, although I cant imagine a loft needing to push shut / push open ...

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

They are for when you have a downward opening hatch for use with a folding loft ladder. Avoids having any thing visible on the room side of the hatch. The you keep a piece of broom handle in the room for prodding the hatch to open or close it.

Reply to
dcbwhaley

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&howMany=15&searchText=cabinet+push+locks&x=12&y=10>> are these the same , dont look like they would "bounce out" if you > pushed them

No they're not them

or 1143

The3rd Earl Of Derby

They are for when you have a downward opening hatch for use with a folding loft ladder. Avoids having any thing visible on the room side of the hatch. The you keep a piece of broom handle in the room for prodding the hatch to open or close it.

Reply to
dcbwhaley

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

Woodfit do them.

Guy King

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

That's how Dad's loft hatch worked. And Mum's come to think of it. Shove the hatch and it cracks you on the bonce.

Reply to
Guy King

PMSL, reminds me of the the loft insulation guy who done my sisters loft, he thought the loft door was push up into the loft...he pushed and let go and suffered a blow to his bonce. lol

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The common name for them is a "touch latch

-- Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

and if of the usual low quality or badly set they come down and crack you on the bonce without warning. Never did happen to me when we had such a hatch but it came pretty close, 6 inches I should think.

HLAH

The message from "HLAH" contains these words:

Most houses I can reach up and prod the hatch without steps or a ladder. Means I can duck that much further.

Reply to
Guy King

The one issue with these is they sit closed a few mm open, they have to else they wouldnt work. The other is that if your mechanism gets stiff they wont work.

NT

Reply to
meow2222