Hand Held Tile Cutter

Not sure why, but I'm kind of sold on the old score and snap wheel type hand held tile cutters. Have been using a "Jobo" type which has 6 small wheels on a rotating selectable clamp nut. Bad news - I'm nearing the end of bathroom tiling and all the wheels are blunt. I've tried the plastic type incorporating the Vee shape snappy clamp arrangement, but the cutter wheels are not held sturdily and the cut line wanders. Does anyone know of a suitable wheel based tool, other than the track guided versions which seem to be everywhere?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

You're quite, quite, mad!

Have you not experienced the satisfaction of snapping a tile with a single movement of the slider and push down, of a decent metal railed Plasplugs Contractor? Sublime.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Better than the good old broken hack-saw blade? I use a proper tungsten carbide tip, set in a plastic handle. (Sharpenable.)

Reply to
Michael Mcneil