Hammering nails straight

george - dicegeorge scribbled...

Practice

Reply to
Artic

the claw hammer which i was using has a very uneven face where i've used it to demolish things.

So I'm trying other hammers. [g]

Reply to
george - dicegeorge

I have found the solution for me was lots of little taps, of a force less than that which would bend the nail. [g]

Reply to
dicegeorge

Reply to
dicegeorge

You probably have got hold of a batch of cheap nails. Some are very soft. You need the hard drawn wire ones.

Reply to
harryagain

This is a rather old post to reply to - but the simplest 'trick' is to keep the hammer head clean by rubbing it occasionally with a piece of glasspaper. ;-)

Cash

Reply to
Cash

soft copper nails for roof slates

Reply to
george - dicegeorge

Well they may be soft but they are quite thick and roof battens tend to be quite soft. Should be no problem there.

Reply to
harryagain