H & S Gone Mad!

I wouldn't mind being locked away from children ...

... but I might be locked away with the worst kind - those with personal knowledge of a phallus :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ah, but that's not the point. It doesn't matter if you kill them, the only important thing is that you have done the risk assessment (which you have). It can be filed, you can carry on and everyone's happy. This is, to be fair, the fault of the council not risk assessments in general, which can (and should) be applied to everyone's benefit.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

That's what I'd decided.

I'll have to find another way to get out of doing it :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Turn it round?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

OUCH!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It is all getting a bit silly...

"A council has cordoned off pear trees in a public park over fears falling fruit could land on someone's head."

"A city council spokesman said the precaution was cheaper than the potential legal cost if someone was hit on the head with a pear and sued."

When I were a lad if that had happened to me I'd say "Ow", then collect the offending fruit and as many of its relatives that happened to be available at the time.

Are we living in an age of compensation culture? You decide.

Reply to
Nick2

Apparently these pears weighed a pound each (thats almost 550 grams), were rock hard and the highest were 30 feet (thats over nine meters) up the tree. When interviewed on the radio this morning the council representative invited the sceptical journalists to have a one pound weight dropped on their head from thirty feet up. Surprisingly they all declined the offer.

People are regularly killed by falling coconuts and this seems to be a similar situation.

Reply to
dcbwhaley

The message from Nick2 contains these words:

Yeah, but worse, they did it because some tit complained about it.

Reply to
Guy King

I've never known anyone be killed more than once.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Regularly, but not frequently? ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

The message from Chris J Dixon contains these words:

Who knows. Perhaps there's a "dying by coconut" monitor who arranges victims to a tidy schedule.

Reply to
Guy King

No it's reasonable. The only killings will occur when the coconuts are ripe = one period per year = regularly. We still don't know if it's a frequent occurrence though :o)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Could have been juggling with chainsaws or spitting flaming lighter fuel over the crowd...

In fact you should introduce those into your act. Real crown pleasers. Then you'd have something exciting to put on the risk assessment. You could re-use some of your tools - how about juggling angle grinders

- that'd be seriously impressive!

Maybe he'd seen David Copperfield and understood the dangers of the crowd lynching the magician for being so shit. I wonder what David Blaine put on his form before sitting in a box and starving in the name of entertainment.

BTW - How did you learn the close up stuff? Book? Video? Wise old venerable magician passing his trade down the generations? Months and months of repetitive practice in the mirror.

Reply to
Fitz

The message from "Fitz" contains these words:

Nah, lighter fuel's not nice. BBQ lighting fluid doesn't sting so much and doesn't taste /quite/ so bad.

Reply to
Guy King

I find it difficult to tell the differecne once the tonic and lemon are in.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Books?

Yup!

Videos?

Yup!

Wise old venerable magician passing his trade down the generations?

To some extent. Local magic clubs have teach ins & guest lecturers. I'm off to Lewes tonight to lecture for the Sussex Magic Circle.

Years and years of repetitive practice, but not in front of a mirror. That encourages you to look at your hands, which attracts the spectators attention to them. Also you need to maintain eye contact to misdirect attention and get the timing right.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well this woman seems to have mastered the art of misdirection

something....... Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick

> or

the Desert type act in someones front room...

Reply to
Fitz

>>> or

Probably not.... Contains nudity

It looks like a capture of a TV show. But not from the UK Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick

For what its worth her technique is terrible! The act is brilliant though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman