Groaning noisy Vaillant boiler. Stops when hot tap is run

Intermittent but usually happens at least once a day if heating is on. Running hot tap generally sorts it. It’s an EcoTech Plus. Just been serviced and he replaced the PCB. Still happening. Any thoughts? ( Fan, pump? )

Reply to
GP

Diversion valve perhaps - maybe "letting by" allowing the primary water to partially circulate through the DHW circuit when the boiler is not in DHW mode. Perhaps causing some vibration or "chatter". Opening the hot tap causes the valve to open and close, possibly fixing it for a bit.

Reply to
John Rumm

Me too! Let me know if you figure it out.

Reply to
cb

Many thanks, I’ll tactfully 🙄 mention it to our fella!

Reply to
GP

I was told to set the water temperature at least 5 degrees lower than the radiator temperature. It worked for 24 hours. Now the same thing is happening again.

Reply to
cb