Gridwatch certificate expired

Looks like a problem. Firefox on Windows 10 reports:

Web sites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for gridwatch.org.uk expired on 28/01/2020. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

Was OK 23:05 last night (27/01/2020).

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Bollocks Its suppose to autorenew

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

should be OK now..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Insta-repsonse - yes, seems fine. Thank you.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Well I'd have thought on the day it should still work. Who hosts it and where? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

It'll expire the second after the time it's valid until ... check back at 09:03:51 on 27th April.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It works perfectly. It is the observer's browser that rejects its owner's request to see the site.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Basically the old VPS crashed when I upgraded it and tech support was so poor that I buult a new site in 6 hourswith a different vendor and got it running. I imported the certificate keys but never imported the cron job that updates the keys, so it expired.

I reinstalled the CertBot and its all now happily updating itself every few hours.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The problem is that browsers wet their pants over 'insecure' sites. So you have to proivide encrypted gridwatch data. Wow! Is the NSA listening? Does anyone want it?

No.

But users get worried by 'this site is insecure' and even more panicked by 'self certified' sites so you need a third party to certify it.

PS unless you donate, the site will not set a cookie, and I am not even sure paypal does.

Yet I should have a cookie policy statement too.

THIS SITE INTENTIONALLY DORS NOT NEED COOKIES TO OPERATE AND SETS NONE.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just looked for the first time in a long while, and it's a nice clean site: it works over plain HTTP if required, and also works well without Javascript (I use noscript).

Reply to
Caecilius

Only thing Javascript does is pop up the tooltips over the dials.

<script type="text/javascript">

function hide(x) { document.getElementById(x).style.display='none'; } function show(x) { document.getElementById(x).style.display='inline'; } </script>

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The only thing I can't find (and it may just be me) is the total consumption on the pop up values on the graphs. One can read it off the scale, or possibly even add up all the other figures, but I would find it interesting.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I do that with CSS.

Reply to