Great difficulty cutting 18mm MDF with T101B jigsaw blade

Blades designed for a smooth finish are often too thin.
Try Bosch 144D's which are really thick blades, and go slowly rather than forcing the saw. In this way you can still get a fairly good finish as the blade runs against the same edge a number of times.
I've only ever used cheap and cheeful jigsaws myself, and the biggest mistake I've found is to try and push the saw too hard through the work given the relatively low power of the motor.
Unlike the expensive jobs you see featured in Youtube videos zipping through 28cm worktops, as if they were butter.
In the past the Bosch website had comparative tables for all their blades with the blade thickness/set/kerf - which is how I selected the 144D's, in addition to the usual length and TPI. But the site now appears to be dumbed down or maybe it was only ever on the German site.
michael adams

Amazing if it does. I bought a new Makita last year excellent tool this one and it does cut straight:)...
http://www.makitauk.com/product/saws/jigsaws/4350fct-orbital-action- jigsaw.html
--
Tony Sayer

But have to you seen this one!..
Enjoy!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiYoBbEZwlk

--
Tony Sayer

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 12:04:20 AM UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:

w and I

.
ntally

a table

you will

own

hat,

Fed up watching that crap. They have the ideea patented to the eyes. One of the backers is a lawyer and they are attempting to make it compulsory. If its forced on the Yanks we won't be far behind.
All because some untrained idiot was using a small electric saw with out a riving knife or blade guard, whilst holding it by hand. Now we have elf'n's afty legislating for the brain dead, I gave up on the intelligence of the a verage yank the day I saw a note stuck on a wide angle side mirror warning that objects may appear further away. Doh ! . The majority of table saw accidents would NOT have been saved with the saw stop.
On 03/05/2014 15:07, MM wrote:

MDF clogs blades so you need one with coarse teeth. If you have a pendulum action on the saw, then turn it on. Don't force it. You may also find you get a better straight line following a drawn line rather than using a straight edge to run the machine along.
--
Cheers,

John.

You use a router for that.
--
*Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on.

On 03/05/2014 15:07, MM wrote:

almost normal for jigsaws. if hole is critical I cut a template in 1/4" ply and use a bearing guided router bit.
If hole is square then if possible use circular saw.
I do find reverse tooth blades (down cutting blades) that cut the opposite way are much better on MDF .... I buy them for laminates, but find them good on MDF

But what do you cut the ply template out with....?
Jim K
On 14/05/14 18:56, JimK wrote:

I use a router and a fence..

--
Ineptocracy

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 3:07:27 PM UTC+1, MM wrote:

Using a jigsaw with a fence is a classic mistake. Follow the line by steering it.
NT

I have a hole cutting attachment which allows you to cut the hole direct. There will be a minimum size, though, which may be too large with many larger routers.
Lidl recently did what they called a combination cutter which will route holes from 50-160mm radius. Only snag with it is the 4.8mm collet size - most places don't stock bits.
--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.