Grease

Can someone please tell me where I put the hi-temp grease I got a couple of years ago? Cos I can't find it, and I do need it.

I really need to create a new 'what's where' list on computer. That worked very well... until it all got rearranged & not recatalogued.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It's in the fridge, next to the garage key that you lost 12 months ago.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Just heat up some ordinary grease. TW

Reply to
TimW

Nah! It's on the shelf next to the valve re-grinder suction cup stick that you used after replacing that head gasket.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I have a very big garden gate with two padlocks. I lost the spare keys 12 months ago. I still have nightmares about this.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I can't, but I found my drill chuck key today, in a pack of doorknobs.

I don't know why it was there as the chuck itself was still fixed to the plaster mixing paddle.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

those are at least easy to pick.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Then I've got a problem, I've moved since then.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I found myself without mine today, due to using a small drill I don't use much. Stuck a nail in the hole in the side of the chuck, and used a screwdriver into the teeth to tighten it. Worked fine.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My pillar drill and chuck-key stay together on the bench; my mains and battery hammer drills have keyless chucks; so only the add on chuck for my SDS drill has a key that moves around and I make sure that that goes in the accessory box within the drill's case so that I can always find it.

Back when my mains and battery drills had keyed chucks, I used a plastic strap to keep the key permanently attached to the mains lead and the battery drill had a clip to hold its key to the drill body.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I always do that. It's mad watching people spend so much time looking for their chuck keys. But somehow they got separated.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

When I first saw drills advertised as 'keyless chuck' I wasn't impressed - my father had one of those back in the '50s!

Reply to
PeterC

Ah yes I do this on my Echo dot then forget to put stuff back in the right place. I was going to be silly and suggest perhaps its melted. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

More likely it was lent to a friend who still has it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes I put the keys for my porch door in a safe place some years ago, and have not found them since. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Am I the only one who having got used to years of using a cordless with a keyless chuck and giving the tool a quick burst while holding the it till it grips got a painful reminder that method doesn?t work too well with an inherited mains drill with a keyed chuck.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I used that method before getting a proper keyless chuck, it's a matter of using a sufficiently loose grip, then giving the chuck a squeeze after you've let go the trigger ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I already index my filing system on a spreadsheet. Just a matter of time before I need it in the workshop. Had to buy a new box of crimp terminals from Screwfix the other day, a few days later I rediscovered the new, more efficient use I had put to a surplus cupboard (storing all those things that come in multi compartment boxes). Previously, small nuts and bolts lived in the "mechanical" zone and crimps in the "electrical" one.

Reply to
newshound

Most women know where exactly everything is, at any one time.

Reply to
Andrew

Can one buy it in cartridges for use in a standard cartridge gun, not a grease gun?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr