Gravity H/W Noise

I have an annoying problem with my GHW system.

When the boiler first fires it appears that the water is heated then it boils for a short time (maybe 30 sec max) before it starts to naturally circulate.

If I turn the water off, then the boiler shuts down as it should.

If I then turn the water on again, the boiler then re starts and the water is heated without the boiling noises.

Any Ideas how I can get the water circulating before the boiler fires as I think this would cure the problem.

I'm going to see if it is possible to start the pumped CH for a couple of minutes before the GHW starts to see if this does the trick.

I've already descaled the system, flushed and treated with Fernox noise reducer and protector (maybe I should add more?).

Any Ideas gladly considered although I don't really want to change to pumped HW

Kev

Reply to
awtltd

But you really should consider doing this. As well as working better it will save you money in the long run.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How easy are the mods? Is it just a matter of plumbing a pump into the gravity water circuit and wiring in to the 2 port valve?

Kev

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Reply to
awtltd