Gradual pressure drop in Combi boiler

We have a Potterton combi boiler which keeps losing pressure... it drops over a period of 1 month from 1 bar to 0, and then needs refilling.

I am a member of the British Gas central heating care plan and had an engineer out who said that we'll just need to refill it every month! This seems like a bit of a cowboy statement if you ask me, but unfortunately I was not there to question him, nor do I have any experience with central heating to justify my claim.

A couple of months ago the pressure relief valve was faulty and had to be changed, after that engineer called, I was under the impression that the system should be self-regulating, if it's running properly.

Any advise on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kelvin

Reply to
Kelvin

My condolences.

Others know a lot more about combis than I, and will be along shortly. But I think it's safe to say you probably have a leak somewhere.

Reply to
Grunff

Amongst others, a leaky wallet, being mopped up by British Gas...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel