Grab adhesive in screw top tubes

I used to buy Toolstation Glue Screws in a screw top tube for about a £1 a tube. I found it ideal for my sort of work, because I only use a small amount at a time & there is less waste. I carry standard cartridges on the van for bigger jobs.

Toolstation have stopped doing it in the tubes & the only supply I can find is at Wickes

but at £2.79 a pop its a lot more expensive.

Anyone know a source?

------------------------------

During a Google to find some, this came up

"Grab adhesive can be used like nails to fix stairs, floors, decking, stone steps and even roof tiles together. A good make such as No More Nails should retail for around £10 a tube so it is a handyman's ideal chemical. "

Floors & decking?? £10 a tube?? Are they having a laugh?

I thought at first it was an igorant journo, but this site supports the claims.

this stuff really that good & worth a £10 a tube?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No. Maybe worth 8.99! :-)

I'd guess it's the usual story - launch with a silly price to establish a "was" price then reduce to what market will bear as a special offer of some sort.

Reply to
Rod

Why so much waste with standard carts though? I reckon at any time I've usually got a cartridge of no-nails, one of decorating caulk, and one of silicone, on the go at any time, with the nozzles kept sealed with a

2" nail. They can last many weeks between jobs, or even months perfectly OK (maybe not silicone, though).

David

Reply to
Lobster

Suppose its not so much a waste issue, more a convenience one. I get frustrated with blocked nozzles & throw the cartridge away in a fit of pique :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You should keep some spare nozzles.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Right enough - when I run out of gunk when I'm working on something, I just transfer the current nozzle over to the new tube (which also avoids wasting the contents of the nozzle!) so I always have plenty of spares. But TBH it's extremely rare they ever do block (silicone excepted) if you remember to bung the 2" nail back when you've finished!

David

Reply to
Lobster