Good place for Li-on battery?

Can someone recommend a good ebay site so I can get a new battery for an iPod which I have just opened!

I see hundreds of adverts for the Li-on batteries but how to avoid the fakes and junk ones is not easy. I found a seller that looks good but the battery advertised is half the thickness of the existing worn-out battery I have. (It is the correct model). thanks

Reply to
dave

I'd like to know this too. My son wants to fit a new iPhone (3) battery, and has found what he considers a 'good deal' on eBay. I am suspicious...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Buy from UK sources who have very high feedback scores and you are at least likely to get good customer services.

There is a professional outfit called all batteries but I don't know if they are on ebay or competitively priced for what you want.

Bob Minchin

I've used these without problem, lucky maybe -

brass monkey

lists the battery I need at ~£18. Yet all the ebayers I have found (inc UK with high ratings) are selling it betwwen £3-£9.

I think there is a quality difference here. :-).

Reply to
dave

are trustworthy - but not cheap. US based as well so suspect costs will be an issue.

Of course, there is always the official answer :)

D.M.Chapman

This place in Leyland, Lancashire is very good. I live about 10 miles away and I go there for laptop and power tool batteries

Pete Zahut

Thanks.

Re my previous post - the prices was more expensive becuase it is a Lithium-ion polymer battery and not a Lithium-ion.

Reply to
dave

You are right to be wary - I bought a supposedly "high-capacity" battery for a Nokia phone from mobilefun.co.uk; 'twas useless.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

In message , dave writes

Have you tried 7dayShop ?

Reply to
geoff

Don't know if it's on e-bay or even has what you want, but had v. good service from

looking at laptop batteries, came to the conclusion that all of the 'cheap' ones were low(er) capacity and mostly shipped from China.

The lass at MDS was able to go to the stockroom, find the battery and confirm the details - try that with China!

Reply to
PeterC

Phew: Price: £115.98 'Special Offer' For a battery for my old Inspiron 2600!

Service at a price!

Spamlet

I just bought the polymer version for 20 Euros from this co. (In NL. and price includes postage).

dave

service?

John

Reply to
JTM

for some time - so this thread was of interest.

Because the query rose as to why laptop batteries die pretty quickly seemingly (not an owner of one myself), I did some homework to find out why and what to do. There are differing recommendations on charging cycles, but the consistent advice is to take the battery out of the pc as much as possible as heat is the main contributor to it's demise. If you rarely use the battery, and can tolerate running the laptop off the mains, it seems charging the battery to 40% (I don't know how that's done!) and storing in a fridge is the best thing for it.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham saying something like:

Or discharge it to 40% - use the LEDs charge state indicators on the battery, if fitted.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon