Gluing polycarbonate (roof) to polycarbonate (flashings)

My supplier assures me that both the roofing material (hard, translucent) and the edging strip (soft, brown) are polycarbonate.

What's the best adhesive to use to mate these together, for the small number of corner cases where the available friction connections are outside their remit?

Reply to
Roland Perry

If you need gap filling, as you might for places where things don't quite line up, Shoe Goo is very good, and slightly flexible. I havn't actually tried it on polycarbonate but I would be surprised if it did not work well on an "area" (as opposed to edge-to edge) bond.

Reply to
newshound

Polycarb will glue with most things, superglue included, some solvent welds run risk of crazing.

For flexibilty, MS adhesive , just used some myself on a polycarb enclosure, Everbuild Stixall , beside it on same page Clearfix looks same but with UV stabilisers

Adam Aglionby