Gluing Aluminium

Consider watching a few videos demonstrating Durafix. A ali' welding solution needing just a clean low heat, a wire brush and a weld rod.

Things from engine castings to a drinks cans can be welded. Stronger than the original.

Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

you can, with the right flux, solder aluminium as well

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have some, but all the hardware store had was the knockoff brand, and the "blue" I bought, might as well have been a tube of beef gravy.

We had real Loctite at work, a couple of colors, and it works as advertised. So I know how it's supposed to work. I really wanted the Loctite brand, but all the hardware store had was the knockoff.

The next time the armrest breaks, I'll do a better job, I swear.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

In a previous life used to use Aluminium abrasion solder - used to join conductors on Aluminium underground cables. So yes you can solder aluminium. The problem may be that the item could be an alloy .. and that might not solder.

Reply to
rick

I keep on seeing at car shows, and now on FB etc, a sort of brazing rod that seems to work on anything. All you need is a domestic gas torch.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Not every product performs well

alan_m