Glen 2178 Convector Heater thermostat

Okay: I know the correct answer to the question is "chuck it away and get another one" but this is uk.d-i-y and I'd like to fix it if I can.
I think the thermostatic control (143211 086-6 printed on the component) is worn out. The heater won't even switch on until the dial is up beyond the 4 mark and regardless of the external temperature, switches off after about a minute and won't come back on again for several minutes. I can't find anything wrong with the rest of the heater so I'm guessing the plastic bit that adjusts the bi-metal contact is worn out.
Where can I buy a replacement? I've searched rs-online and ebay without result but maybe I'm not using the right search. And if I can't buy a replacement, is there a near equivalent I could use? This one has spade connector terminals so I think it should be easy to swap the part out.
Thanks,
Nick
On Thursday, 13 June 2019 20:47:36 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:

A google for thermostat 143211 suggests .. Inter Control 143211
Technical data
https://www.intercontrol.de/en/control-technology/products/adjustable/air-temperature-control/143-211-thermostat/
suppliers:
https://www.rapidonline.com/inter-control-143211-051d01-60-c-16a-230vac-nc-adjustable-thermostat-64-9513
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Owain
On 13/06/2019 22:09, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Doh! So why didn't that show up in my searches? Thanks - that's just what I need and having dug the other one out of the loft and it showing the same reluctance to convect heat, I guess I'll buy a couple of them.
Thanks,
Nick
On Thursday, 13 June 2019 23:36:28 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:

Or even a few, on the basis that they seem to be unreliable ;-)
Owain
Where does the actual sensor live? I'd have thought its more likely to be that. Brian
--
----- --
On 14/06/2019 08:45, Brian Gaff wrote:

I think the thermostat is the sensor: the bimetal spring responds to the temperature in the metal case. I can see it actuating - or in the instance of the one from the loft, not actuating.
Nick
On Thursday, 13 June 2019 20:47:36 UTC+1, Nick Odell wrote:

Bad thermostat contacts would cause that symptom, makes the stat self heat excessively. Clean em up.
NT

I like that plan: I could end up not having to spend any money.
Thanks,
Nick