Glazing Bars required for conservatory roof - Where to buy?

Hi guys

I am struggling to find glazing bars to do my conservatory roof. Following suggestions I will be using glass and not polycarbonate. However glazing bars for polycarbonate are available at B&Q, Wickes etc only for 10mm polycarbonate. What size glass should i be using and where can i buy the appropriate glazing bars? The minimum glass availability from my local place is 4-6-4 ie 14mm.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Reply to
lavenders19

I used 'T' section extruded aluminium. Polished wired plate glass. With putty for metal windows. And dressed lead strip 4" wide over the joints. So far, so good. Got to be better than the wood glazing bars I used before. But time will tell.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My conservatory came with alumnium extrusions for this. They sealed to the glass using rubber seals. You can probably get them from loads of places. My conservatory was supplied by Baltic Pine. They might be willing to send a few bars (complete with rubber seals) if you ask them. If was doing it, I'd try to get them to supply the rafter mouldings and seals as well. The glass was laid onto rubber seals on the rafter mouldings, with the capping bars also sealing with rubber. The system worked like a dream.

# = rubber seal.

_______ /_______\

Reply to
Christian McArdle

How thick was your glass Christian?

Reply to
lavenders19

Check this lot out

have noting to do with them, except for the fact I am a happy customer

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Um. Not sure exactly. I think the roof glass was thicker than the window glass, because the pieces were so huge. I suspect something like 4-12-4 or even 4-16-4, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle