Gemini boiler problem

The boiler fires up OK but after a few minutes it closes down. Just prior to doing so there is a sound like air may be in the system. Any ideas!!

Reply to
david.reeves42

Sealed system? Combi? Conventional? Gravity Fed?

When was it last serviced? When was it last topped up with water? Is the header tank empty? Is the system leaking? How old is it?

Shall I go on? Or will you give more details on this problem for us please?

Reply to
BigWallop

This symptom is pretty much a smoking gun for the following: a) Older type of boiler with cast iron heat exchanger. b) Circulation failure. i) Pump seized. ii) Not enough water.

Of course more info about the system means we would not have to guess sp much.

Reply to
Ed Sirett