Gas supply to new boiler - legalities?

I have no ideas how long it takes to get my 150l tank back up to temperature. I occasionally see the boiler fire up to do it in summer - for maybe half an hour tops.

I do know that there is always enough hot water at 60C and 2 bar pressure for any shower or bath

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They must be tiny windows then, and dripping with condensation in winter.

Reply to
Andrew

A cheapo 24kW combi is perfectly adequate for one person and more suited to smaller houses, provided the mains water can supply sufficient pressure and flow.

Reply to
Andrew

On the other hand if you can do the sums, it can only point to you being more "competent" than the average Gas Safe installer. So possibly a bit of an own goal

Reply to
Fredxx

That is my view and policy. It also saves space, thermal losses for a hot cylinder with the downfall of being less reliable and having no backup hot water supply.

For a larger house where there are multiple occupants in the household then a hot water cylinder approach with a smaller boiler seems to make more sense.

Reply to
Fredxx

Thanks, I forgot about the wayback machine.

Does anyone know how long the wiki will be down?

Reply to
Fredxx

Looks good stuff, but £15-20/m. Mind the way copper pipe is getting more and more expensive you never know it may be cost effective and convenient for DIYers!

Reply to
Fredxx

We had a 20 year old 24kWh boiler replaced in the autumn - it was fed by a fairly long15mm run. To play it safe and not change the pipework the installer put in a 18kWh unit. As it is a more efficient condensing boiler it seems to do pretty much the same job as the old one.

Reply to
John Smith

My 30kW boiler gives a very respectable shower.

Hot water is that it takes a good 30s to come through - tedious and wasting water.

Reply to
RJH

The Natural Philosopher brought next idea :

+1
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.