Gas pipe through above ceiling

Asking about something I've seen done, rather than something I'm thinking of doing ...

Gas pipe enters building through cavity wall (it is sleeved) at a height above ground floor ceiling and below first floor floorboards, crosses room and descends to cooker. Should the floor/ceiling void be ventilated?

Gas safe register tech bulletin #113 may have something to say on the matter, but I can't find a copy online.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Our new(ish) gas installation does this.

Pipe goes up the wall and along, then in beneath the upstairs floor.

Down immediately to the cooker.

Across to the other side to the boiler in the airing cupboard.

No special ventilation that I can see - if there were likely to be problems I would worry more about the bit between the floor and the boiler in the airing cupboard.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David